The 20th January 2010, one year and four months after the previous major version, I published the version 1.3 of the Hachoir project (core, parser and metadata). I also published later some minor bugfix releases (of the different modules), and a minor release (of the parser and metadata modules) to support WebM (Google video format).
Main changes in Hachoir in 2010:
- New Blizzard image (BLP), Palm resource (PRC) and WebM (format based on Matroska) parsers
- JPEG recognize ICC profile chunks, Java gets a bytecode parser and supports JDK 1.6, and other minor improvements in different parsers
- Add support of Windows codepages to parse Microsoft Office files
- Add hachoir-metadata-qt: graphical interface (based on PyQt) to display metadata
- hachoir-metadata program hides warnings by default
- hachoir-core doesn’t replace sys.stdout and sys.stderr with a Unicode friendly object if the readline module is loaded, to avoid issues with ipython.
- Use correctly distutils (create MANIFEST.in files) instead of using setuptools.
I am no more involved in/interested by the project, except to fix some minor bugs. But it looks like nneonneo is still active on the Mercurial repository.